Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Spicy fish stew with greens


Oh wow. If you like fish - this is incredible. If you don't like fish, skip this one. Very quick to make. A perfect lunch on a cold day.

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup chopped onions
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup of fresh chopped tomato
1/4 cup frozen spinach or other greens (thawed)
2 tsp of tomato paste
2 tsp fish bouillon
1/3 cup dry red wine
1 lb of fish filets (I used salmon, halibut, mackerel and cod), cut into 2-inch pieces
Tabasco to taste
pepper
salt

Heat olive oil in a large pot or over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and sauté four minutes. Add parsley, tomato, tomato paste and cook two minutes.

Add fish bouillon, red wine, spinach and fish and simmer until fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add Tabasco, pepper and salt to taste.

Serve hot with good French bread.

4 comments:

Rung Potisart said...

This looks so good ! I want to try to make some, but I am wondering, does it need some other liquid, like broth or water ?

Senegal Daily said...

Bonjour! I haven't made this in a while (but I should - it was really good), and as far as I remember it was just the liquid from the tomato, frozen spinach, and wine. But if it seems to thick or dry, I would just add water 1/2 cup at a time. Very flexible recipe... and definitely two thumbs up!

Rung Potisart said...

Thank you so much ! I will try this in the next day or two and will let you know how it turns out. Btw, I looked at all the photos on your blog. so many good looking things !

Rung Potisart said...

Delicious ! Thanks again for sharing this recipe. http://picasaweb.google.com/rung.potisart/FromRungSKitchen#5431152934204521362