Friday, February 12, 2010

Apple pastries with glaze


This recipe is adapted from a recipe I got from my mom who got it from my grandmother. It's far too good!

1 prepared pastry crust
1 lg apple, cored and cut into sixths
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp water
2-4 Tbsp sugar
3-4 drops almond extract

Using a pizza cutter, cut the pastry crust into 6 triangles. Wrap one triangle around each apple slice. Pinch the ends to close, but don't worry if they're not perfectly sealed. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 350° for 15 minutes or until browned.

While they bake, melt the butter in small saucepan. Dissolve sugar, then add water and almond extract. Let simmer over low heat until pastries are done. Drizzle over top just before serving.


2 comments:

Chef E said...

I like how you started this, got it from my mom who... The whole presentation tells there is a history, because this is glazy goodness all around! I want apple pies...my mom used to fry hers, but I prefer yours!

megan said...

I'm headed to the kitchen to make these NOW! Thanks for all the great recipes!!