Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mighty beta-carotene muffins


Once before I tried looking for carrot muffin recipes. But I was re-inspired by the pile of carrots in the fridge. So I got creative.

In a large bowl, mix well:
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp grated orange zest

Stir in:
2 cups cooked carrots, mashed well

In a separate bowl, mix:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp salt
dash ground cloves

Stir the dry ingredients into wet. Stir until just mixed. Pour into muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Nutritional information

1 comment:

Kate Borders said...

I added a little bit of homemade applesauce (so it had chuncks of apples) to stretch the carrot puree and added some raisins. Yummy! I loved them before, but love them even more this batch :)